Female Only Gym Access
Male Only Gym Access
A health club (also known as a fitness club, health spa, fitness centre and commonly referred to as a gym) is a place which houses exercise equipment for the purpose of physical exercise.
Main Workout Area
Most health clubs have a main workout area, which primarily consists of free weightsincluding dumbbells, barbells and exercise machines. This area often includes mirrors so that exercisers can monitor and maintain correct posture during their workout.
A gym that predominantly or exclusively consists of free weights (dumbbells and barbells), as opposed to exercise machines, is sometimes referred to as a black-iron gym, after the traditional colour of weight plates.
Cardio Area/ Theatre
A cardio theater or cardio area includes many types of cardiovascular training-related equipment such as rowing machines , stationary exercise bike, elliptical trainers and treadmills. These areas often include a number of audio-visual displays (either integrated into the equipment, or placed on walls around the area itself) in order to keep exercisers entertained during long cardio workout sessions.
Group Exercises Classes
Most newer health clubs offer group exercise classes that are conducted by certified fitness instructors. Many types of group exercise classes exist, but generally these include classes based on aerobics, cycling (spin cycle), boxing or martial arts, higher intensity training, step, regular and hot (Bikram) yoga, pilates, muscle training, and self-defense classes such as Krav Maga and Brazilian jiu-jitsu. Health clubs with swimming pools often offer aqua aerobics classes. The instructors often must gain certification in order to teach these classes and ensure participant safety.
- NHS Merton CCG10 May 17
- Great weight debate22 Apr 17
- Healthy Merton21 Apr 17
- Weight2Lose "Weight Lost & Exercise Programme"07 Jan 17
- Charity Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Seminar26 Dec 16
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu - WLICC20 Dec 16
- NHS Merton02 Dec 16
- Sutton Council25 Nov 16
- LiveWell Merton & LiveWell Sutton25 Nov 16
- Nutrition, Health & Weight Loss Seminar held @ Morden Islamic Community Centre &…30 Jan 16
- Free Self Defence Seminar held @ Morden Islamic Community Centre & hosted by Teacher:…03 Jan 16
- Kettlebell06 Dec 15
- Website page under construction launch / home page live and emails accounts17 Jan 13
- Contacting Dawah Posters to see if they can produce a flyer for us to have handed…17 Jan 13
- Sponsor of Roadside2Islam event at South Bank University on the 3rd Feb 201310 Jan 13